All about Solar PV Systems and its Components
Solar PV system stands for Solar Photovoltaic system, they are just like any other systems that generate electricity. The only difference in the solar PV system is that they do not just have the same equipments. They use the renewable source of energy to generate electricity. As our future is safer with the usage of the renewable energy lets know in detail about Solar PV Systems and its Components.
These Solar PV systems are usually differentiated on the basis of their functional and operational requirements and needs. The load of electricity then can produce and their capacity of running the appliances.
The PV System may also include Solar Tracking System which is Optional and it is used to improve the overall performance.
Types of PV systems
- Utility Intertie PV system
- Stand Alone Solar Electric system
Following are the Solar PV System Components in the Solar PV systems.
PV power Generation systems are all interconnected and once they have list of components, each component serve one function to complete the task. As Solar PV Systems doesn’t have any moving parts, it doesn’t produce any noise to the environment and it is also free from harmful emissions. The capacity of the component varies according to their capacity and power generation ability.
- Solar Array – It converts the sunlight into electricity and the modules are also connected into series and are parallel to provide the voltage and current levels needed. This is one of the most important components of the Solar PV system.
- Inverter – An inverter is required when you want and only when the solar power goes off, or for huge devices. The inverter DC power as well as the direct current via the solar array and batteries into AC power.
- Charge controller – The main aim of having a charge controller is to sustain battery at the suitable charged level. The proper charge level is very important and they have to protect them for overcharging. Overcharging can help you to avoid overheating.
- AC and DC loads – The AC and the DC loads are the appliances that are such as lights and radios. And the components are like water pumps and microwave. This is also consumed the power generated by your PV array.
- Balance of System – This is one of the most important components, and it helps you to make availability interconnections and also ordinary safety features. These also include the combiner box, fuses and switches and circuit breakers and also circuit meters.
Why are batteries of Solar PV SYSTEM?
Batteries which are used in PV system are mainly for the storage purpose only. The electricity produced during the day time at then stored in the electric board as needed.
One of the most important things of having PV System is to activate the PV array, it is highest power point. To power the electric loads and maintain the days of high voltages. The battery charger controller is the device which will help you to control the battery to overcharge and get heating up.
One of the biggest advantages of the solar PV system is that as the sunlight is free and the components do not really require maintenance the cost of having a solar PV system automatically reduces and is become cost effective in a longer run.
Solar PV systems are very beneficial and durable.
How long a Solar Photovoltaic system last?
As mentioned earlier with no moving parts and with very less maintenance these systems come with manufacturer’s warranty of around 20-25 years.